Featured Post

Stage 3 - Grand Parents

Boaz RoyChowdhury We became Grand Parents on the 9th August 2015. Meet Boaz RoyChowdhury who is two months 5 days old, 57 weeks old, ...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Review: Out Live Your Faith By Max Lucado

I stumbled via upon booksneeze.com and signed up not really believing I would get to participate as I live in India. I was overjoyed to when I received the book for free! Keeping to the agreement here is my review.
Max Lucado's books don't come cheap here but we pay the price for them because they are worth it. His simple style with insights gleaned from normal everyday encounters marks this book too like the encounter with the Traffic Policeman who illustrates Gods pardon.

 Each chapter is a story in itself and so you could read the book over a period of time if you wanted to. The selections in total bring home to me the fact I am called to do just what Peter, the disciples, Jesus family, and all the early Christians did, spread the Word and take it to the ends of the earth. Live the Word and share it with the people I meet everyday. Pray for eyes that see as Jesus did, ask for wisdom, exercise my faith every day and pray, pray, pray. Look for areas to help and join with others I don't have to start something of my own. And most of all give the Gospel, do not forget that vital ingredient.

Max Lucado delights from the word go, I like the way he acknowledges all especially the line for his wife. All the words and work that goes into the book are meaningful you know the whole book was written from the heart, and covered by prayer and  not Max Lucado’s alone. The Contents of the book indicates that this book contains information that will equip you to go out and Out Live Your Life as well as encourage you along the way.
One hundred percent of the author's royalties from Outlive Your Life products will benefit children and families through World Vision and other ministries of faith-based compassion.

1 comment:

Ridgewoman said...

Hello old friend. I haven't contacted you in quite a while; but, life has been full of challenges for us as we grow older.

I've always enjoyed Lucado's books and he was a favorite author of my friend, Barbara K (now gone to Heaven).

Like you, each breath of each day is a prayer for all to know the King of Kings, Jesus Christ. I invite you to visit my devotional blog on blogspot through my regular blog.

My kidneys are failing because of the extensive cancer treatments over the years; but, my faith is strong as when I first believed. I rejoice in Him and look forward to a new chapter in my life journey.

Your friend, Bev Davis